Sunday, January 23, 2022

Educational Resources for International Holocaust Remembrance Day - January 27



 Shalom.

International Holocaust Remembrance Day is January 27.

On my website, there are 170+ links to learn about the Holocaust.

Site languages include English, Hebrew, French, German,

Italian, Russian, and Spanish.

https://jr.co.il/hotsites/holocaust.htm


Since I created the page in1997, I have been updating it

at least 2 times a year: before International Holocaust 

Remembrance Day - January 27 and before 

Yom HaShoah - this year on April 28, 2022.


This week, I found that several sites on my list have

closed down. If a site closed, I will try to find 

a copy of its content in the Internet archive.

If I am listing the content from the archive,

I will write near the link: "via archive.org". 


This year, I discovered on Youtube, a video called:

"There Once Was a Town" - a 90-minute 

documentary about the small town of 

Eishyshok, Poland - now Lithuania.

The film is narrated by actor Ed Asner,

a descendant of an Eishyshok family.

Reknowned professor and author 

Yaffa Eliach leads a group in its search 

for remnants of Jewish life that flourished 

before the war.

I embedded the video in the video section 

of my page. 


Please share this message. Thank you.


We must not forget.


Jacob

jrichman@jr.co.il


No comments: